Following the success of the 2016 Asia Pacific MedTech Forum, the Asia Pacific Medical Technology Association (APACMed) was delighted to host the third edition of the MedTech Forum, held at The Star Performing Arts Theatre, on 7-9 November 2017.
Under the theme of “Transforming Healthcare Through Innovation”, this year’s speakers discussed the accelerating pace of technological disruption in healthcare, from artificial intelligence and mixed reality, to mobile health and big data.
The Forum also examined innovative models of care delivery that are challenging traditional practices, propelling MedTech players to rethink their business models, and forge new partnerships to deliver the best patient outcomes.
- Joe Almeida, Chairman, President and CEO, Baxter
- Mike Mahoney, Chairman and CEO at Boston Scientific
- Dr. Yasuhiro Suzuki, Chief Medical & Global Health Officer and Vice-Minister for Health, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), Japan
- Chang Yongheng, Former Deputy Director General, China Center for Food and Drug International Exchange (CCFDIE) of CFDA, China
- Dr. Simon Kos, Chief Medical Officer, Microsoft
- Scott Huennekens, President and CEO, Verb Surgical (a Google and J&J joint venture in surgical robotics)
The two-day Forum explored the multifaceted approach to innovation within the healthcare ecosystem, with a specific focus on Asia Pacific, set to be the second largest market for MedTech by 2020.
With 83 world-class speakers and well over 600 attendees, we have cemented the Forum’s position as the medical technology industry’s most impactful gathering of people and ideas in the region
The event brought together senior industry leaders, clinicians, patients, hospital CEOs, government policy makers, payers and other stakeholders from around the globe, all looking to transform the healthcare sector and raise standards of care across Asia Pacific. The Forum provided exceptional opportunities to network, share best practices, and review cutting edge innovation.