Held in conjunction with the Medical Fair Asia 2016, the MedTech Workshop for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SME’s) in Asia Pacific was co-hosted by the Asia Pacific Medical Technology Association and Messe Düsseldorf Asia. The event took place on 31st August at Marina Bay Sands.
The workshop featured a bespoke program tailored to the needs of medical device and IVD start-ups, digital health ventures, mid-sized MedTech R&D and manufacturing businesses, as well as research institutes, investors and service providers.
As a regional event with a global outlook, participants of the MedTech SME Workshop 2016 were provided with practical, hands-on guidance and deep insights into the challenges and opportunities in the medical technology industry. Program topics include product design & development, IP management, regulatory strategy, clinical trial management, capital-raising, commercialization and distribution/channel management.
The event saw an outstanding line up of 17 speakers including senior executives from Abbott, Becton Dickinson (BD), Boston Scientific, Johnson & Johnson, Quadria Capital, Vertex Ventures and Clearstate/Economist Intelligence Unit.
Thematic sessions included:
- Outlook of the Medical Technology Industry in Asia Pacific
- MedTech Outsourcing: Managing Contract Manufacturing Partnerships – Tips for Small Businesses
- Design Thinking in Healthcare
- Navigating Regulatory Pathways: ASEAN, India, EU (Regulatory Affairs panel)
- Capital Raising for Start-ups and SME’s in Healthcare (VC investor panel)
- Medical Device Pricing & Reimbursement
- Market Entry Strategy & Business Development